Delhi Police may provide escort vehicle to VIPs
New Delhi: Delhi Police are contemplating
enhancing the security of some VIPs who are not accompanied by
escort vehicles while travelling.
Sources said the move comes against the backdrop of a
motorcyclist sticking a bomb on the car of an Israeli
Embassy official which exploded here yesterday.
"We are planning to provide escort vehicles to some VIPs
who are not entitled to escort vehicles. We are evaluating the
situation," they said.
Police also plan to ensure that signals turn green when
VIPs like ministers approach traffic islands in the city.
Yesterday`s attack took place at a traffic signal on
Aurangazed Road near the Prime Minister`s residence when the
targeted vehicle was waiting for the signal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui