Delhi Police opposes plea of 2 gang-rape accused for use of Hindi
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday demanded a transparent probe into the death of a youth allegedly in police custody in Anantnag district of south Kashmir.
"Government will have to come out with facts about the mysterious death of a youth in Anantnag district if it does not want to add to the crisis of trust it faces especially in view of unfulfilled promises of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said in a statement here.
Bilal Ahmad Dar was found dead near a railway track in the town this morning, triggering protests by local residents who alleged that he was picked up by police last night and later killed in custody.
Expressing shock at Dar`s death in mysterious circumstances, she said the state, especially Kashmir Valley is every day pushed deeper into chaos, insecurity and mourning.
"Expecting fair probe into this latest tragedy from a government that has apparently developed a vested interest in destabilised conditions is useless," Mehbooba said.
She said the government, headed by a chief minister who displays his "rhetorical skills and breast beating" on every tragedy, sees such events as only as an occasion to show case his "bleeding heart".
"If the Chief minister had instead been keen to govern the state, ensure safety of its citizens, provide justice and good governance, the state would not have faced this unprecedented crisis where every body especially the youth have again become vulnerable to either state repression or the unknown killers," the PDP president said.
Mehbooba said the entire Valley has been a witness to deaths that were never investigated and the feeling among the people of foul play in Bilal`s death is understandable.
She said the government is facing the crisis of trust especially in view of unfulfilled promises of Chief Minister like the one he made in 2010 about the three youth having been killed in cold blood in Ananatnag.
The Chief Minister had promised to solve the case and punish the killers in 24 hours, she recalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA