Delhi Police opposes plea of 2 gang-rape accused for use of Hindi
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday demanded a transparent probe into the death of a youth allegedly in police custody in Anantnag district of south Kashmir.
"Government will have to come out with facts about the mysterious death of a youth in Anantnag district if it does not want to add to the crisis of trust it faces especially in view of unfulfilled promises of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti said in a statement here.
Bilal Ahmad Dar was found dead near a railway track in the town this morning, triggering protests by local residents who alleged that he was picked up by police last night and later killed in custody.
Expressing shock at Dar`s death in mysterious circumstances, she said the state, especially Kashmir Valley is every day pushed deeper into chaos, insecurity and mourning.
"Expecting fair probe into this latest tragedy from a government that has apparently developed a vested interest in destabilised conditions is useless," Mehbooba said.
She said the government, headed by a chief minister who displays his "rhetorical skills and breast beating" on every tragedy, sees such events as only as an occasion to show case his "bleeding heart".
"If the Chief minister had instead been keen to govern the state, ensure safety of its citizens, provide justice and good governance, the state would not have faced this unprecedented crisis where every body especially the youth have again become vulnerable to either state repression or the unknown killers," the PDP president said.
Mehbooba said the entire Valley has been a witness to deaths that were never investigated and the feeling among the people of foul play in Bilal`s death is understandable.
She said the government is facing the crisis of trust especially in view of unfulfilled promises of Chief Minister like the one he made in 2010 about the three youth having been killed in cold blood in Ananatnag.
The Chief Minister had promised to solve the case and punish the killers in 24 hours, she recalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash