Delhi police personnel to be trained in cardiac first aid
New Delhi: In a new initiative, the Delhi police will now train its men posted in South Delhi district in `Cardiac first aid`.
"Every policeman will be taught 10 CPR techniques and also other first aid methods, which are required to be learnt by these police personnel as mostly they are the first responders in case of any emergency," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) BS Jaiswal.
The training will be conducted in association with Heart Care Foundation of India. Sessions would be conducted by Dr BC Roy, the president of Heart Care Foundation of India and Dr KK Aggarwal.
"This will be for the first time that the entire staff of a district will undergo training in First Aid," said Jaiswal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list