Delhi Police shares terror inputs with neighbouring states
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday held a meeting with its counterparts from neighbouring states during which terror-related intelligence and inputs about various extremist outfits were shared.
Chairing the meeting, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar spoke about strengthening counter-terrorism measures which included increasing police presence, intensive and co-ordinated checking at vulnerable points, tenant verification, guest house checking and sensitization of cyber cafe owners.
He also emphasised the need for keeping a tab on second- hand car dealers, transporters, property dealers, cycle sellers, chemical dealers and STD/ISD/PCO booth owners.
"The objective of the meeting was to share terror-related intelligence and inputs about various extremist outfits and their designs," a senior police official said.
The meeting came on a day when the national capital was put on alert after a bomb explosion in Bangalore.
At the meeting, the importance of surveillance over inter-state criminals involved in heinous offences, repeat offenders and gangs was emphasised.
Representatives of the state police forces shared lists of most wanted criminals and other related information about their respective areas, the official said, adding that they decided to take concerted action against active inter-state criminals for curbing crime in the National Capital Region.
Human trafficking, missing children and proliferation of fake Indian currency note (FICN) and arms smuggling were deliberated upon for necessary preventive measures. Integrated joint checking at unmanned borders in tandem with each other was stressed upon, the official said.
Traffic issues for regulating entry of commercial vehicles into Delhi were discussed. Removal of tinted films on vehicles entering Delhi with reference to women`s safety issues in the NCR region was also deliberated upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic