Delhi Police special cell gets 15 days custody of Bhatkal
New Delhi: The special cell of the Delhi Police has been granted 15 days custody of Indian Mujahideen (IM) co-founder Yasin Bhatkal to enable it to continue with his interrogation in connection with the Patna serial blasts.
The latest development in this regard took place after Bhatkal was produced before a Delhi Court today.
"Special cell of Delhi moved an application to arrest the accused persons which was allowed. So, the special court sent the accused person in judicial custody in NIA matter and their custody was handed over to the special cell. After that special cell produced them before the concerned court and the custody till 12 November has been given to Delhi police for the interrogation of both the accused persons," said MS Khan, a lawyer.
"I don`t know from where these rumours are emerging. If one person is in custody then how can he know what is going to happen in Patna. Nothing of this sort has happened," added Khan.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) had also sought his custody earlier.
Bhatkal, a key suspect in several terror blasts since 2008, was arrested in a joint operation by the Central intelligence agencies and the Bihar Police earlier in August.
Bhatkal`s arrest is the second major breakthrough for Indian agencies after the arrest of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda on August 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch