Delhi Police special cell gets 15 days custody of Bhatkal
New Delhi: The special cell of the Delhi Police has been granted 15 days custody of Indian Mujahideen (IM) co-founder Yasin Bhatkal to enable it to continue with his interrogation in connection with the Patna serial blasts.
The latest development in this regard took place after Bhatkal was produced before a Delhi Court today.
"Special cell of Delhi moved an application to arrest the accused persons which was allowed. So, the special court sent the accused person in judicial custody in NIA matter and their custody was handed over to the special cell. After that special cell produced them before the concerned court and the custody till 12 November has been given to Delhi police for the interrogation of both the accused persons," said MS Khan, a lawyer.
"I don`t know from where these rumours are emerging. If one person is in custody then how can he know what is going to happen in Patna. Nothing of this sort has happened," added Khan.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) had also sought his custody earlier.
Bhatkal, a key suspect in several terror blasts since 2008, was arrested in a joint operation by the Central intelligence agencies and the Bihar Police earlier in August.
Bhatkal`s arrest is the second major breakthrough for Indian agencies after the arrest of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda on August 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry