Delhi Police-Special Cell to nab escaped Pak terrorists
New Delhi: The elite anti-terror unit of the the Delhi police-Special Cell has been entrusted with the job to nab the three Pakistani terrorists who escaped while being escorted to a city hospital.
Confirming the move, Joint Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) P N Aggarwal told reporters, "we are working on the case."
He declined to comment further but sources said Delhi Police Commissioner Y S Dadwal has ordered that the job be accomplished by the cell.
We are in touch with our counterparts in the NCR region and adjoining states, sources in the department said.
A team of police officials from the Special Cell has also been constituted in this regard, they said.
Abdul Razzak, Mohammed Sadiq and Rafaqat Ali, who were arrested in connection with blasts near the Red Fort nine years ago and were to be deported to Pakistan as they had completed their jail term, escaped on Friday, leaving the authorities red-faced and prompting them to sound an alert in the national capital and neighbouring areas.
The Delhi Police have also announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for anyone who provides information about the trio.
After the escape, Delhi Police registered a fresh case against the three for violating the restraint order under the Foreigners` Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning