Delhi Police-Special Cell to nab escaped Pak terrorists
New Delhi: The elite anti-terror unit of the the Delhi police-Special Cell has been entrusted with the job to nab the three Pakistani terrorists who escaped while being escorted to a city hospital.
Confirming the move, Joint Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) P N Aggarwal told reporters, "we are working on the case."
He declined to comment further but sources said Delhi Police Commissioner Y S Dadwal has ordered that the job be accomplished by the cell.
We are in touch with our counterparts in the NCR region and adjoining states, sources in the department said.
A team of police officials from the Special Cell has also been constituted in this regard, they said.
Abdul Razzak, Mohammed Sadiq and Rafaqat Ali, who were arrested in connection with blasts near the Red Fort nine years ago and were to be deported to Pakistan as they had completed their jail term, escaped on Friday, leaving the authorities red-faced and prompting them to sound an alert in the national capital and neighbouring areas.
The Delhi Police have also announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for anyone who provides information about the trio.
After the escape, Delhi Police registered a fresh case against the three for violating the restraint order under the Foreigners` Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves