Delhi Police studies Surat`s CCTV system
New Delhi: A Delhi Police team Tuesday went to Surat in Gujarat to study the CCTV cameras installed there in the public-private partnership (PPP) model.
The team was headed by Special Commissioner of Police (Operations) S. Sundari Nanda, along with the technical team of Deputy Commissioner of Police (Communication) Naved Mumtaz.
During its one-day visit, the team will study the sustainable practices in place there.
The team will observe how the PPP model project will help in making Delhi safer, a police officer said.
Currently, only the government funds the CCTV network in Delhi.
"If the team gives a positive signal after observing the Surat CCTV installation system, further action will be taken," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Indian origin ex-husband of step-mom accused of killing girl arrested in US
- US, South Korea begin joint drills amid tension after defection
- Porn viewing a death knell for happy marriage
- Young massive star identified in the Milky Way
- WATCH: At Stor Palace inauguration, PM Narendra Modi hails India's historic ties with Afghanistan