Delhi Police summon RML Medical Superintendent
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday asked Medical Superintendent of Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital to appear before them after the post mortem of constable Subhash Tomar contradicted his version that he did not suffer any injuries.
A senior police official said they have issued a notice to Dr TS Sidhu asking him to appear before them with all medical records of Tomar who died yesterday after battling for life for three days.
Tomar was injured in the Sunday violence during protest against the gangrape of a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus here on December 16.
A controversy erupted over the cause of the cop`s death as two eye-witnesses contradicted the police claim that he died due to injuries suffered in the violence.
Sidhu had also said that that Tomar had "no major external injury" except for some cuts and bruises or "(no) severe internal injuries".
However, the post mortem report said the 47-year-old constable died due to cardiac arrest caused by injuries he suffered on his chest and neck "produced by blunt impact" giving Delhi Police relief amid doubts about the cause of his death.
Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) KC Dwivedi said it noted that there were injuries on his chest, neck and legs because of which he had a cardiac arrest and he died.
"He had a lot of injuries. His ribs had fractures. These multiple injuries aggravated his condition and led to cardiac arrest," Dwivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez