Delhi Police summon RML Medical Superintendent
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday asked Medical Superintendent of Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital to appear before them after the post mortem of constable Subhash Tomar contradicted his version that he did not suffer any injuries.
A senior police official said they have issued a notice to Dr TS Sidhu asking him to appear before them with all medical records of Tomar who died yesterday after battling for life for three days.
Tomar was injured in the Sunday violence during protest against the gangrape of a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus here on December 16.
A controversy erupted over the cause of the cop`s death as two eye-witnesses contradicted the police claim that he died due to injuries suffered in the violence.
Sidhu had also said that that Tomar had "no major external injury" except for some cuts and bruises or "(no) severe internal injuries".
However, the post mortem report said the 47-year-old constable died due to cardiac arrest caused by injuries he suffered on his chest and neck "produced by blunt impact" giving Delhi Police relief amid doubts about the cause of his death.
Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) KC Dwivedi said it noted that there were injuries on his chest, neck and legs because of which he had a cardiac arrest and he died.
"He had a lot of injuries. His ribs had fractures. These multiple injuries aggravated his condition and led to cardiac arrest," Dwivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!