Delhi Police team inspects Ramlila Ground
New Delhi: As Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal expressed his desire to take oath as Chief Minister at Ramlila ground, senior Delhi Police inspected the venue on Monday to identify the kind of security apparatus needed to be put in place there.
According to sources in the Delhi police, a team, including officials from the Police Headquarters and those from the Central range, visited Ramlila ground at around 3:00 PM to take stock of the security needs of the venue. The team spent around 40 minutes at the ground.
Keeping in view the huge support for Aam Aadmi Party, police is expecting a huge turnout at Kejriwal`s oath-taking ceremony.
"There would be two aspects of security. One team would take care of the security of the dais while the other of law and order and crowd control at the venue as a whole," said a police official.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram