Delhi Police team inspects Ramlila Ground
New Delhi: As Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal expressed his desire to take oath as Chief Minister at Ramlila ground, senior Delhi Police inspected the venue on Monday to identify the kind of security apparatus needed to be put in place there.
According to sources in the Delhi police, a team, including officials from the Police Headquarters and those from the Central range, visited Ramlila ground at around 3:00 PM to take stock of the security needs of the venue. The team spent around 40 minutes at the ground.
Keeping in view the huge support for Aam Aadmi Party, police is expecting a huge turnout at Kejriwal`s oath-taking ceremony.
"There would be two aspects of security. One team would take care of the security of the dais while the other of law and order and crowd control at the venue as a whole," said a police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation