Delhi Police team reaches Kejriwal`s home to assess security
New Delhi: A Delhi police team on Friday reached Arvind Kejriwal`s Kaushambi residence to make a security assessment for the Aam Aadmi Party leader ahead of his meeting with the Lt Governor tomorrow to discuss government formation in the national capital.
A three-member team reached Kejriwal`s residence at around 5 PM and stayed there for more than an hour.
According to a senior Delhi police official, the exercise was done to assess the security needs for Kejriwal.
"He has been invited to discuss government formation in the national capital by the LG. If he accepts the proposal, we may have to extend security to him right away. The assessment was carried out to keep things ready at our end in case a need arises," the official said.
Earlier also, Kejriwal had refused to take security from any agency citing the moral principles he and his party stands for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred