Delhi Police team reaches Kejriwal`s home to assess security
New Delhi: A Delhi police team on Friday reached Arvind Kejriwal`s Kaushambi residence to make a security assessment for the Aam Aadmi Party leader ahead of his meeting with the Lt Governor tomorrow to discuss government formation in the national capital.
A three-member team reached Kejriwal`s residence at around 5 PM and stayed there for more than an hour.
According to a senior Delhi police official, the exercise was done to assess the security needs for Kejriwal.
"He has been invited to discuss government formation in the national capital by the LG. If he accepts the proposal, we may have to extend security to him right away. The assessment was carried out to keep things ready at our end in case a need arises," the official said.
Earlier also, Kejriwal had refused to take security from any agency citing the moral principles he and his party stands for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?