Delhi Police team reaches Kejriwal`s home to assess security
New Delhi: A Delhi police team on Friday reached Arvind Kejriwal`s Kaushambi residence to make a security assessment for the Aam Aadmi Party leader ahead of his meeting with the Lt Governor tomorrow to discuss government formation in the national capital.
A three-member team reached Kejriwal`s residence at around 5 PM and stayed there for more than an hour.
According to a senior Delhi police official, the exercise was done to assess the security needs for Kejriwal.
"He has been invited to discuss government formation in the national capital by the LG. If he accepts the proposal, we may have to extend security to him right away. The assessment was carried out to keep things ready at our end in case a need arises," the official said.
Earlier also, Kejriwal had refused to take security from any agency citing the moral principles he and his party stands for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi