Delhi Police to give Rs 38 lakh aid to constable`s family
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday announced a financial assistance of Rs 38 lakh to the family of constable Vinod Kumar, who was battered to death during a raid on suspected liquor mafia in south Delhi`s Ghitorni area last week.
Chief Minster Arvind Kejriwal had on Monday announced Rs 1 crore financial assistance, one of the highest-ever, to Kumar`s family.
"Rs 38 lakh will be given to Kumar`s family as compensation," said a senior police official.
While 20 lakh will be given from Delhi Police `Martyr Fund`, 10 lakh will be given as ex-gratia, 5 lakh insurance claim and three lakh as other help to Kumar`s dependents, police said.
48-year-old Kumar was beaten to death by the assailants when he accompanied a team of excise department officials during a raid in Ghitorni on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday. Kumar was on deputation with the Excise Department of Delhi government.
So far three persons, Joginder alias Jogi, Ravinder alias Rabban and Pawan has been have been arrested in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened