Delhi Police to undergo training: Bassi
New Delhi: In order to keep Delhi Police abreast of new technological innovations, amendments in laws and other basic changes in the department, all Delhi Police personnel will have to undergo training for at least seven days in an year, Police Commissioner BS Bassi said on Friday.
Underlining the need for training and refresher courses even for senior officials, Bassi said "trainings for gender sensitization, human trafficking, investigation into sexual offences, barricades checking were conducted under short training programmes during the last one year."
"We have also introduced training programmes for senior police officials. A Delhi police institute for advance training is being planned. Every policeman of Delhi Police will undergo 7 days` training in 2014 including senior officers. I would like to assure that we`ll stand by our motto -- Peace, Service, Justice -- in 2014," he said.
"Earlier, we trained some 14,000 policemen. Now we will have to train almost 70,000. So, this is obviously going to be a challenge," said Bassi.
The training will be like a "capsule" in which the personnel will be updated and trained with all they need to know, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet