Delhi Police top brass likely to be changed, will Neeraj Kumar be shown the door?
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday hinted that there may be a shake-up at the topmost levels in the Delhi Police in the wake of recent incidents, including protesters entering his house and their conduct against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Talking to reporters in Rashtrapati Bhawan, Shinde said he is closely looking at the recent developments and some action may be in the offing.
Asked if recent reports of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar`s likely removal were true, Shinde said, "I have ordered an inquiry into the two recent incidents- what happened to Mamata Banerjee at the Planning Commission and the case of some people entering my house. Action will be taken against those found responsible for it."
However, he did not specify who will face action and said he will wait for the inquiry report.
Both the inquiries are being conducted by Additional Secretary Khurshid Ahmed Ganai of the Home Ministry.
Meanwhile, Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna said all cases of missing children in the capital will be treated as cases of kidnapping, which being an offence will require a more serious approach from the police.
Asked about the brutal rape of a five-year-old, Khanna said the accused Manoj Kumar, has been arrested from Muzzafarpur.
He said ACP B S Ahlawat, who had slapped a girl protesting against the crime, had taken this action as she had allegedly pushed and heckled Delhi Health Minister A K Walia.He maintained that the news channels were showing only a part of the clipping. Ahlawat has been suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion