Delhi police turns to yoga, meditation to de-stress
New Delhi: To cope up with the pressure of battling crime day in and day out, Delhi police has turned to the ancient practice of Yoga, meditation and Ayurveda to overcome stress and fatigue.
A `Stress Management` workshop was organised for the top brass of Delhi police here yesterday which was attended by around 35 senior officials.
Renowned spiritual healer Amrit Raj delivered a two-and-a-half hour lecture to the officials on how they can ensure proper coordination between body, mind and soul using Yoga, Meditation and Ayurveda.
During the lecture, different yoga postures were Raj which can be done to ensure living a healthy and stress free life.
He also taught meditation "mudras" and deep breathing exercises to reduce tension.
On Ayurveda, Raj said that the ancient science can be applied only after determining the `prakriti` or constitution of an individual`s body. There are three types of constitutions, Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Police officials who have a physically and mentally challenging lifestyle are prone to stress and fatigue, he said, adding peculiar work hours, taxing environment and lack of sleep are also an issue for them.
The police officers admitted that the workshop will come in handy to beat stress at work.
At the end of the session, many officials demanded that things discussed during the lecture should be documented in the form of a small booklet or a video and distributed among cops and responsibility for the same was given to Joint Commissioner of Police (Training) Robin Hibu.
The workshop was part of the weekly refresher programme initiated by Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi in which officials above the rank of DCP are given a lecture or session on a subject every Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report