Delhi policeman jumps from Metro station, injured
New Delhi: A Delhi Police personnel jumped from the Qutub Minar Metro station to the ground early Sunday morning here and was seriously injured, said police.
"At 7:12 a.m., a male passenger jumped from the platform level to the ground at the Qutub Minar Metro station and suffered injuries in both his legs and head. He was in conscious state and taken to the trauma centre," said a Delhi Metro official.
Head constable Dayanand, 58, was taken to the trauma centre of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where he is recuperating. He is stated to be out of danger.
Dayanand, who was inducted into the Delhi Police force in 1976, was suffering from mental problem and undergoing treatment for last four months.
"No suicide note was recovered from his possession. Initial information revealed Dayanand, deputed at Chanakyapuri police station in New Delhi, attempted suicide because of his illness," said a police official.
He was living with his family in the police colony in Malviya Nagar area of south Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre