Delhi policeman jumps from Metro station, injured
New Delhi: A Delhi Police personnel jumped from the Qutub Minar Metro station to the ground early Sunday morning here and was seriously injured, said police.
"At 7:12 a.m., a male passenger jumped from the platform level to the ground at the Qutub Minar Metro station and suffered injuries in both his legs and head. He was in conscious state and taken to the trauma centre," said a Delhi Metro official.
Head constable Dayanand, 58, was taken to the trauma centre of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where he is recuperating. He is stated to be out of danger.
Dayanand, who was inducted into the Delhi Police force in 1976, was suffering from mental problem and undergoing treatment for last four months.
"No suicide note was recovered from his possession. Initial information revealed Dayanand, deputed at Chanakyapuri police station in New Delhi, attempted suicide because of his illness," said a police official.
He was living with his family in the police colony in Malviya Nagar area of south Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance