Delhi policeman jumps from Metro station, injured
New Delhi: A Delhi Police personnel jumped from the Qutub Minar Metro station to the ground early Sunday morning here and was seriously injured, said police.
"At 7:12 a.m., a male passenger jumped from the platform level to the ground at the Qutub Minar Metro station and suffered injuries in both his legs and head. He was in conscious state and taken to the trauma centre," said a Delhi Metro official.
Head constable Dayanand, 58, was taken to the trauma centre of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where he is recuperating. He is stated to be out of danger.
Dayanand, who was inducted into the Delhi Police force in 1976, was suffering from mental problem and undergoing treatment for last four months.
"No suicide note was recovered from his possession. Initial information revealed Dayanand, deputed at Chanakyapuri police station in New Delhi, attempted suicide because of his illness," said a police official.
He was living with his family in the police colony in Malviya Nagar area of south Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire