Delhi polls: Congress MLA issued notice for holding rally without permission
New Delhi: Delhi Congress MLA Sumesh Shokeen was on Tuesday issued a show-cause notice by election authorities for allegedly organising a rally without permission in the South West District.
An FIR has also been filed under section 29/113 A of Delhi Police Act in connection with the holding of rally on Sunday by the MLA from Matiala.
"Shokeen allegedly led a procession in the form of Congress rally in an open jeep along with other vehicles on Sunday from Ghasipura Chowk Uttam Nagar Road towards Najafgarh without any permission from the competent authority," said Kapashera SDM-cum-Returning Officer Manoj Kumar Sharma.
Shokeen`s act is in contravention of the Model Code of Conduct prescribed by the Election Commission of India and other relevant instruction issued from time to time, added Sharma.
Shokeen has been directed to furnish his explanation in this regard within one day after receiving the notice.
"If Shokeen fails to reply, it would be presumed that there are no comments to offer and further necessary action would be initiated as per instructions and guidelines," said Sharma.
Voting will be held in the national capital on December 4 to elect the 70-member Assembly.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district