Delhi polls: EC panel rejects Congress ad films for `direct attack` on BJP, AAP
New Delhi: Election Commission`s Media Certification and Monitoring Committee (MCMC) has rejected three short advertisement films submitted by Congress after finding that they made direct attacks on BJP and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
According to sources in Delhi`s Chief Electoral Office, Congress had submitted CDs of four short films and a radio jingle to MCMC for approval on Friday.
But the committee gave its nod to only one of the short films along with the radio jingle, rejecting the rest of the films for making direct attacks on BJP and AAP.
One of the rejected films is entitled, `Woh sapne dikhate hain, hum karke dikhate hain`.
The film features two persons named `Vijay` and `Arvind`. While one of them is shown wearing an AAP cap, the other dons the BJP scarf and they are discussing electricity bills in the film.
The film shows what is supposed to be an AAP worker talking about electricity rates in Delhi and a BJP member discussing electricity rates in the states where the party is in power.
Both characters agree that electricity rates in Delhi were cheaper than that in other states. Finally, acknowledging the above, both the BJP and AAP worker put on Congress scarves.
"We have rejected three films as they have tried to project that BJP and AAP were working together and, in some of the films, even personal names have been used," a senior official said.
MCMC, headed by Neeraj Bharti, the Additional Chief Electoral Officer, has asked Congress to change the contents of the films.
MCMC keeps a watch on election-related news and features appearing in the print and electronic media ahead of Polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says