Delhi polls: SAD to forge alliance with BJP, says Badal
Moga: Punjab Chief Minister and Shiromani Akali Dal patriarch Parkash Singh Badal today said his party would contest the forthcoming assembly elections in Delhi in alliance with the BJP.
"The SAD will contest the Delhi polls in alliance with the BJP," he told media persons here. On sharing of seats with the BJP, Badal said there was no dispute on the matter adding "we will get our due share".
Asked about next year`s Lok Sabha elections, the SAD patron predicted rout of the Congress at the hustings.
The NDA would form the next government at the Centre with Narendra Modi as Prime Minister, he said.
On the possibility of a tie-up between Sanjha Morcha comprising Peoples Party of Punjab and Left parties, the Chief Minister said such a combination would not affect the SAD in Lok Sabha polls in the state.
To a question, Badal said "if militants can kill army personnel and policemen (referring to recent ultra strikes in Jammu region), how can a common man feel secure?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'