Delhi: Postmortem conducted on BSP MP`s maid
New Delhi: A team of three doctors on Friday conducted postmortem on 35-year-old maid Rakhi, who was allegedly beaten to death by BSP MP Dhananjay Singh`s doctor wife Jagriti Singh at their South Avenue residence here.
Senior police officials remained tight-lipped about the outcome of the autopsy, saying the final report will come in a couple of days, but sources said initial report suggested that Rakhi died of the injuries on her body apparently caused by beating.
Her body had burn marks and injuries on the chest, stomach, arms and legs.
Police is also making efforts to determine the exact age of the juvenile domestic help, who is a victim and a complainant in the case.
A team has been sent to Varanasi to obtain the school and birth certificates of the boy to determine whether he is a minor, police said.
Another police team is camping in Kolkata to bust the human trafficking trail through which Rakhi and another maid Meena were brought to the MP`s house here from West Bengal.
Rakhi died allegedly of the torture inflicted on her by Jagriti, while Meena had been severely injured and is at present undergoing treatment at R M L Hospital here, police said.
According to police, Dhananjay Singh had contacted Dev Kumar, who had got these two women employed at his house as domestic maids.
Dhananjay and his wife Jagriti were arrested on Tuesday in connection with the murder of Rakhi and "merciless" torture of the minor domestic help with stick and rods.
The body of Rakhi, with several injury marks on her legs, chest and arms, was recovered from Singh`s residence at South Avenue here on Monday evening.
The juvenile help had told police that Jagriti had been regularly beating the three domestic helps.
The domestic helps were allegedly tortured and beaten up with wooden sticks, iron rods, iron press and even metallic deer horns by the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming