Delhi: Postmortem conducted on BSP MP`s maid
New Delhi: A team of three doctors on Friday conducted postmortem on 35-year-old maid Rakhi, who was allegedly beaten to death by BSP MP Dhananjay Singh`s doctor wife Jagriti Singh at their South Avenue residence here.
Senior police officials remained tight-lipped about the outcome of the autopsy, saying the final report will come in a couple of days, but sources said initial report suggested that Rakhi died of the injuries on her body apparently caused by beating.
Her body had burn marks and injuries on the chest, stomach, arms and legs.
Police is also making efforts to determine the exact age of the juvenile domestic help, who is a victim and a complainant in the case.
A team has been sent to Varanasi to obtain the school and birth certificates of the boy to determine whether he is a minor, police said.
Another police team is camping in Kolkata to bust the human trafficking trail through which Rakhi and another maid Meena were brought to the MP`s house here from West Bengal.
Rakhi died allegedly of the torture inflicted on her by Jagriti, while Meena had been severely injured and is at present undergoing treatment at R M L Hospital here, police said.
According to police, Dhananjay Singh had contacted Dev Kumar, who had got these two women employed at his house as domestic maids.
Dhananjay and his wife Jagriti were arrested on Tuesday in connection with the murder of Rakhi and "merciless" torture of the minor domestic help with stick and rods.
The body of Rakhi, with several injury marks on her legs, chest and arms, was recovered from Singh`s residence at South Avenue here on Monday evening.
The juvenile help had told police that Jagriti had been regularly beating the three domestic helps.
The domestic helps were allegedly tortured and beaten up with wooden sticks, iron rods, iron press and even metallic deer horns by the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar