Delhi radiation case: Court grants bail to five
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday granted bail to five accused in the 2010 radiation case in which one person died and eight others were affected.
Metropolitan Magistrate Lovleen granted bail to Delhi University`s then dean of sciences Roop Lal and four other teachers of the chemistry department Rita Kakkar, Ramesh Chandra Rastogi, Ashok Prasad and Rakesh Kumar.
The court also granted exemption from personal appearance to then head of chemistry department V S Parmar.
The police have charged the six people with causing death by rash and negligent acts and causing grievous hurt to others.
In April 2010 a metal pipe discarded from the university`s chemistry laboratory, containing the radioactive Cobalt 60, was found in the Mayapuri scrap market in west Delhi. One person died and eight were affected due to the subsequent radiation leak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter