Delhi rape: 3 accused refuse identification parade
New Delhi: Three of the five persons, who
were arrested in connection with the abduction and rape of a
BPO employee in south Delhi, on Tuesday refused to undergo a test
The accused Kamru, Shahid and Iqbal refused to undergo
the exercise at the jail though two other arrested Shamshad
and Usman had undergone the TIP last week and were identified
by the 30-year-old victim.
Shahid and Iqbal refused to undergo the TIP at Tihar
Jail while Kamru, the gang leader, told the court that he
would not undergo the exercise, sources said.
The BPO employee was walking towards her residence in
Moti village near Dhaula Kuan in South Delhi along with one of
her colleagues after being dropped by their office cab on
November 24 when the incident took place. The gang allegedly
forced her into their vehicle and sped it off with her.
The first arrests were made by police on December 2
when they apprehended Usman and Shamshad from Dhaujj. Shahid,
another suspect, had surrendered to the police in Faridabad in
connection with another case and was later arrested.
The fourth one -- Iqbal alias `Bada Billi` -- was
apprehended on December 4 from Fatehpur Beri in Sohna district
of Haryana by a team of Delhi Police.
Kamru, who has earlier managed to give slip to police
despite a team managing to spot him, was apprehended last
A Delhi court yesterday sent Shahid alias `Chhota
Billi` and Iqbal to Tihar Jail under judicial custody for two
days for their identification by the victim, while remanding
Shamshad and Usman in five days of police custody for their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah