Delhi rape: 4 detainees questioned, progress in identifying vehicle
New Delhi: Investigators questioned four
persons detained in connection with the gang rape of a
30-year-old call-centre employee for another day on Tuesday even as
they claimed to have achieved some success in identifying the
make of the vehicle used in the crime.
"We are still questioning the four men who were
detained yesterday. The vehicle make has been more or less
identified," H G S Dhaliwal, Deputy Commissioner of Police
The detained persons were "very relevant" to the case,
The victim was walking towards her home in Moti
village near Dhaula in south Delhi early last Wednesday
morning along with one of her colleagues when the men in a
vehicle abducted her and took turns to rape her. She was later
dumped in Mongolpuri after which she approached police.
Investigators have been groping in the dark for the
past few days despite 15 special teams being formed to nab the
culprits. Two sketches were released by police besides
questioning several suspects, surfing through CCTV footage and
recording statements of three witnesses.
Investigators had also gone through mobile phone
records of a number of "possible" suspects residing in
Mongolpuri area as they believe that the culprits were "very
familiar" with the locality and they could be staying there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre