Delhi rape: 4 detainees questioned, progress in identifying vehicle
New Delhi: Investigators questioned four
persons detained in connection with the gang rape of a
30-year-old call-centre employee for another day on Tuesday even as
they claimed to have achieved some success in identifying the
make of the vehicle used in the crime.
"We are still questioning the four men who were
detained yesterday. The vehicle make has been more or less
identified," H G S Dhaliwal, Deputy Commissioner of Police
The detained persons were "very relevant" to the case,
The victim was walking towards her home in Moti
village near Dhaula in south Delhi early last Wednesday
morning along with one of her colleagues when the men in a
vehicle abducted her and took turns to rape her. She was later
dumped in Mongolpuri after which she approached police.
Investigators have been groping in the dark for the
past few days despite 15 special teams being formed to nab the
culprits. Two sketches were released by police besides
questioning several suspects, surfing through CCTV footage and
recording statements of three witnesses.
Investigators had also gone through mobile phone
records of a number of "possible" suspects residing in
Mongolpuri area as they believe that the culprits were "very
familiar" with the locality and they could be staying there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!