Delhi rape accused let off, woman says he`s innocent
New Delhi: A court here has let off a man, facing a trial on charges of raping a widow, after the complainant said he was innocent and should be freed.
Additional Sessions Judge Nivedita Anil Sharma let off Delhi-resident Mahinder Singh Dahiya after the woman prayed before the court that the accused must be acquitted. The order was delivered last week but it was released to the media on Tuesday.
"She (victim) also admitted that the accused is innocent," the court observed.
"The woman has not deposed an iota of evidence of her being raped at all. She has not even mentioned the word `rape` in her evidence nor has she deposed anything incriminating against Mahinder Singh Dahiya," the court noted.
According to the police, Dahiya allegedly raped the woman between August 2012 and December last year and also took her obscene pictures after giving her tea laced with a drug, which left her unconscious.
However, the woman told the court she knows the accused for the last five-six years and he used to help her financially.
The woman added she lodged the case against Dahiya on the instruction of a lawyer, whom she met in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in