Delhi rape case: Girl students hold protest in J&K
Poonch: Hundreds of girl students took out a protest march here against the rape of a 5-year-old girl in Delhi allegedly by her neighbour.
The protesters demand severe punishment for the accused.
Around five to six hundred students from various institutes of the area led by Poonch Youth Club president, Nishu Gupta, raised slogans against the Delhi Police and asked for justice to the victim.
They asked the government to dismiss Delhi Police Commissioner, Neeraj Gupta, and also demanded capital punishment for the rape convicts.
The protesters after passing through different areas of the town later sat on a dharna at the city chowk area to express their solidarity with the victim and insisted upon speedy justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal