Delhi rape case: Girl students hold protest in J&K
Poonch: Hundreds of girl students took out a protest march here against the rape of a 5-year-old girl in Delhi allegedly by her neighbour.
The protesters demand severe punishment for the accused.
Around five to six hundred students from various institutes of the area led by Poonch Youth Club president, Nishu Gupta, raised slogans against the Delhi Police and asked for justice to the victim.
They asked the government to dismiss Delhi Police Commissioner, Neeraj Gupta, and also demanded capital punishment for the rape convicts.
The protesters after passing through different areas of the town later sat on a dharna at the city chowk area to express their solidarity with the victim and insisted upon speedy justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far