Delhi rape case: Girl students hold protest in J&K
Poonch: Hundreds of girl students took out a protest march here against the rape of a 5-year-old girl in Delhi allegedly by her neighbour.
The protesters demand severe punishment for the accused.
Around five to six hundred students from various institutes of the area led by Poonch Youth Club president, Nishu Gupta, raised slogans against the Delhi Police and asked for justice to the victim.
They asked the government to dismiss Delhi Police Commissioner, Neeraj Gupta, and also demanded capital punishment for the rape convicts.
The protesters after passing through different areas of the town later sat on a dharna at the city chowk area to express their solidarity with the victim and insisted upon speedy justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown