Delhi rape case: Girl students hold protest in J&K
Poonch: Hundreds of girl students took out a protest march here against the rape of a 5-year-old girl in Delhi allegedly by her neighbour.
The protesters demand severe punishment for the accused.
Around five to six hundred students from various institutes of the area led by Poonch Youth Club president, Nishu Gupta, raised slogans against the Delhi Police and asked for justice to the victim.
They asked the government to dismiss Delhi Police Commissioner, Neeraj Gupta, and also demanded capital punishment for the rape convicts.
The protesters after passing through different areas of the town later sat on a dharna at the city chowk area to express their solidarity with the victim and insisted upon speedy justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured