Delhi rape case: Girl students hold protest in J&K
Poonch: Hundreds of girl students took out a protest march here against the rape of a 5-year-old girl in Delhi allegedly by her neighbour.
The protesters demand severe punishment for the accused.
Around five to six hundred students from various institutes of the area led by Poonch Youth Club president, Nishu Gupta, raised slogans against the Delhi Police and asked for justice to the victim.
They asked the government to dismiss Delhi Police Commissioner, Neeraj Gupta, and also demanded capital punishment for the rape convicts.
The protesters after passing through different areas of the town later sat on a dharna at the city chowk area to express their solidarity with the victim and insisted upon speedy justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it