Delhi rape: CISF chief inspects women security in Metro
New Delhi: Delhi Metro had a surprise visitor in CISF chief Rajiv who took stock of security measures for women commuters and directed strict vigil against eveteasers and other violators in the capital`s lifeline in the wake of the Sunday`s gangrape incident that shook the nation.
The CISF Director General (DG) visited Ghitorni, HUDA city centre and AIIMS Metro stations late yesterday night and reviewed the security apparatus at the facility.
"The DG emphasised that CCTV surveillance system must be utilised efficiently and even smallest observation pertaining to security be responded quickly," a senior CISF official said.
The DG instructed, officials said, that plainclothes CISF women should be regularly made to travel and patrol in the trains and Metro platforms to ensure a sense of security amongst women passengers.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) guards the Delhi Metro network and almost 770 women personnel are part of the overall deployment.
Rajiv also asked the CISF personnel and officers to take strict action against male passengers who enter women coaches and take up special drives against drunken commuters.
"In case of any problem or assistance, women passengers can call CISF helpline number at 011-22185555. Their concerns will be addressed on top priority," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH