Delhi rape: CISF chief inspects women security in Metro
New Delhi: Delhi Metro had a surprise visitor in CISF chief Rajiv who took stock of security measures for women commuters and directed strict vigil against eveteasers and other violators in the capital`s lifeline in the wake of the Sunday`s gangrape incident that shook the nation.
The CISF Director General (DG) visited Ghitorni, HUDA city centre and AIIMS Metro stations late yesterday night and reviewed the security apparatus at the facility.
"The DG emphasised that CCTV surveillance system must be utilised efficiently and even smallest observation pertaining to security be responded quickly," a senior CISF official said.
The DG instructed, officials said, that plainclothes CISF women should be regularly made to travel and patrol in the trains and Metro platforms to ensure a sense of security amongst women passengers.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) guards the Delhi Metro network and almost 770 women personnel are part of the overall deployment.
Rajiv also asked the CISF personnel and officers to take strict action against male passengers who enter women coaches and take up special drives against drunken commuters.
"In case of any problem or assistance, women passengers can call CISF helpline number at 011-22185555. Their concerns will be addressed on top priority," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Out of 10 civic bodies, Shiv Sena ahead in BMC and Thane; BJP in 7, NCP in Pimpri Chinchwad