Delhi rape: Focus now on to catch `Bada Billi` and `Mobile`
New Delhi: After arresting two persons for
allegedly raping a call-centre employee, the focus of Delhi
Police has now shifted to apprehending two absconding youths
and securing the production warrant of a third one who
surrendered in a Faridabad court in another case.
Police teams have fanned across the National Capital
Region and Haryana`s Mewat for arresting Kamru alias `Mobile`
and Iqbal alias `Bada Billi` (Big Cat) who have evaded arrest
in Dhaula Kuan rape case in which two of their accomplices
Shamshad and Usman have been nabbed. All are aged 25.
"We will arrest them soon. They cannot hide for long and
teams are on the job," Delhi Police Commissioner B K Gupta
The gang members, who have interesting aliases, were
involved in cases of rape, attempt to murder, cow-theft and
cow slaughtering, the official said. While Shamshad goes by
the alias `Khutkan`, Usman is also called `Kale`.
Shahid alias `Chotta Billi` (Small Cat), who was driving
the vehicle on November 24 when the gang allegedly abducted
and raped the 30-year-old Mizo woman working in a Gurgon BPO,
surrendered before a Faridabad court in a cow-slaughter case.
Efforts are on to get his production warrant and
question him in connection with the case, a senior police
official said adding Shahid, who has studied up to class V,
was involved in three cases.
The five men had purchased the Mahindra pick-up van for
Rs 1.4 lakh recently from one Jaikam, a resident of Utavad in
Faridabad. "If we were late by a day or two in zeroing in on
them, we would have lost the case. They would have managed to
sell it and the case was gone," the official said.
"All of them have criminal history. They used to roam
around Delhi and whenever they used to find an opportunity to
commit a crime, they would use it -- like breaking open
shutters and decamping with articles," Amulya Patnaik, Joint
Commissioner of Police (Southern Range), said.
During interrogation, Deputy Commissioner of Police
(South) H G S Dhaliwal said, they said they were under the
influence of alcohol and seizing the opportunity that the
girls were walking alone, they decided to abduct them.
The official said Shamshad, an illiterate man, was
arrested in three cases of cow-theft. In 2008, he was arrested
in a cow slaughtering case in Welcome area of Delhi while he
was working as a labourer in a shop in Kabutar Market.
Arrested four times earlier, Usman was involved in cow
theft cases and dacoity besides the 2006 gang rape case. While
Shahid is involved in three cases, Kamru was convicted in an
attempt to murder case for six years but had absconded from
the court on the day of his conviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB