Delhi rape: MHA summons Delhi Police Commissioner
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As demand for the removal of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar grows in the wake of horrific rape of a five-year-old girl, Home Ministry on Monday summoned the police chief.
Interestingly, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday hinted that there may be a shake-up at the topmost levels in the Delhi Police in the wake of recent incidents, including protesters entering his house and their conduct against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
When Shinde was asked that if the recent reports of Delhi Police Commissioner’s likely removal were true, Shinde had said, "I have ordered an inquiry into the two recent incidents- what happened to Mamata Banerjee at the Planning Commission and the case of some people entering my house. Action will be taken against those found responsible for it."
Delhi MP Sandeep Dikshit on Sunday renewed his demand for the removal of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
"My stand on the removal of Police Commissioner remains the same as it was during last time (after the gangrape of a young girl in a moving bus in December last).
In the past Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has repeatedly criticised Delhi Police over the issue of rising crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate