New Delhi: Not making much headway in the rape of a northeastern woman that shocked the capital last week, Delhi Police Wednesday announced a cash reward of Rs.1 lakh for information about the four accused.
"We have proposed a reward of Rs.1 lakh. It will be duly notified," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H.G.S. Dhaliwal said.
Earlier, Delhi Police released sketches of three of the four suspects involved in the abduction and rape of the 30-year-old Mizo woman.
"We have detained a few people. We are questioning them. It is an elaborate exercise to arrive at a conclusion that who all are involved. We are hopeful of an early breakthrough," Dhaliwal said.
The BPO staffer was abducted by four men and gang-raped in a moving goods carrier Nov 23. She was abducted soon after being dropped along with another girl, 100 metres from her home, by her office cab in Dhaula Kuan area in south Delhi late night.
The men then drove all the way to Mongolpuri in north Delhi and dumped her there.
Investigators have detained four people and have claimed to make some headway in the case.
Police said investigations are going on in full-swing with 15 special teams formed to investigate the case, several suspects being questioned and the statements of three witnesses being recorded.
According to police, CCTV footage has been looked into minutely, and even the mobile phone records of suspects residing in Mongolpuri area have been checked.