Delhi rape victim`s ashes immersed in river Ganga
New Delhi: Ashes of the Delhi gang-rape victim were on Tuesday immersed in the river Ganga in her native village as hundreds of people, including women and children, bid adieu to the braveheart with teary eyes.
Ashes of the young woman, who fought for her life for 13 days, were brought to her ancestral village by the family late last evening.
This morning the family members started from the house at around 8 AM to immerse the ashes.
As the crowd swelled with people pouring in to pay their last tributes to the girl, it took family members almost three hours to cover a distance of eight kilometres.
The family members, including father and brother, accompanied by local MLA Upendra Tiwari, immersed the ashes in the Ganga.
After immersing the ashes, both father and brother, of the girl broke down.
The gang-rape of the girl, who lost her battle for life in a Singapore hospital, shook the conscience of the entire nation, with people from all walks of life taking to the streets across the country in protest against the incident.
The 23-year-old para-medical student was raped and brutally assaulted by four men who also attacked her male friend and threw both of them out of a moving bus.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists