Delhi realtor`s son was killed soon after abduction: Police
New Delhi: The 13-year-old son of a property dealer here was murdered immediately after being abducted from outside his house by three neighbours, police on Tuesday said, adding that the culprits killed the boy as they feared getting caught.
Sunny, Mukesh and Sandeep, all in their late 20s, abducted Jatin Dhingra from Burari area in north Delhi on Saturday and killed him and dumped his body in a canal. They also made a ransom call of Rs 40 lakh to his father before being arrested, police said.
The three accused were arrested on Monday evening from their respective houses in the same area, police said.
"Sunny had suffered a huge financial loss in betting and this pushed him into hatching the abduction plan along with Sandeep and Mukesh, whose financial condition was also not good," said a police officer.
Sunny and Sandeep work in a medical store while Mukesh works in a private factory, police said.
"Around 11.30 am on Saturday, Jatin, who was known to Sunny, was taken to the Alipur area. Around 2.30 pm, the accused strangled him after giving him sedatives and dumped his body in a canal," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon