Delhi records chilliest morning of the season
New Delhi: Delhiites on Saturday took out extra
woollens as they woke upto the chilliest morning of the season
so far with mercury settling at a low of 3.3 degree Celsius.
Today`s minimum was five degrees below normal and down
from Friday’s six degree Celsius. Yesterday, the city recorded the
lowest maximum temperature for the season at 19.9 degree
"It was too chilly in the morning. I would say a freezing
morning. Getting out for office at 7 am was like a crime,"
said Ruchi Talwar, a media professional.
Delhiites may have to pull out more woollens from their
winter wardrobes as Weatherman is predicting a further fall
in mercury on Christmas morning to two degree Celsius.
Tomorrow, the maximum could be at 19 degree Celsius.
The coldest day of the season so far was December 16 when
minimum dropped to 4.7 degree Celsius and maximum to 21.7
In December last year, the minimum had come down to 5.2
degrees Celsius on the 22nd of the month. In the past decade,
the lowest minimum for the month was recorded on December 12,
2005 when the mercury recorded 3.3 degrees Celsius while the
highest maximum was 28.4 degrees on December 15, 2003.
The record for the lowest minimum for the month of
December is 1.1 degree Celsius recorded on the 26th of the
month in 1945 and the highest maximum was 29.3 degrees on
third of the month in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"