Delhi records chilliest morning of the season
New Delhi: Delhiites on Saturday took out extra
woollens as they woke upto the chilliest morning of the season
so far with mercury settling at a low of 3.3 degree Celsius.
Today`s minimum was five degrees below normal and down
from Friday’s six degree Celsius. Yesterday, the city recorded the
lowest maximum temperature for the season at 19.9 degree
"It was too chilly in the morning. I would say a freezing
morning. Getting out for office at 7 am was like a crime,"
said Ruchi Talwar, a media professional.
Delhiites may have to pull out more woollens from their
winter wardrobes as Weatherman is predicting a further fall
in mercury on Christmas morning to two degree Celsius.
Tomorrow, the maximum could be at 19 degree Celsius.
The coldest day of the season so far was December 16 when
minimum dropped to 4.7 degree Celsius and maximum to 21.7
In December last year, the minimum had come down to 5.2
degrees Celsius on the 22nd of the month. In the past decade,
the lowest minimum for the month was recorded on December 12,
2005 when the mercury recorded 3.3 degrees Celsius while the
highest maximum was 28.4 degrees on December 15, 2003.
The record for the lowest minimum for the month of
December is 1.1 degree Celsius recorded on the 26th of the
month in 1945 and the highest maximum was 29.3 degrees on
third of the month in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!