Delhi records season`s lowest, minimum drops to 5.5 degrees
New Delhi: Delhiites shivered in the morning as the mercury plummeted to the season`s lowest on Monday even as dense fog affected air traffic.
The minimum was recorded at 5.5 degree Celsius, two degrees below normal and down from yesterday`s 7.7 degrees.
The dense fog that enveloped the city in the morning hours created troubles for commuters.
Around 40 flights operating from Indira Gandhi International Airport were either rescheduled or cancelled due to dense fog enveloping the airstrip.
Overnight around 16 flights were delayed. Around five flights were cancelled either due to operational reasons or due to poor weather, an airport official said.
Fog started to descend on the airport from last night but it started to become dense around 7 AM, forcing authorities to implement low visibility procedures.
Dense fog returned to the capital yesterday after a four-day lull, affecting over 130 flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH