Delhi records season`s lowest, minimum drops to 5.5 degrees
New Delhi: Delhiites shivered in the morning as the mercury plummeted to the season`s lowest on Monday even as dense fog affected air traffic.
The minimum was recorded at 5.5 degree Celsius, two degrees below normal and down from yesterday`s 7.7 degrees.
The dense fog that enveloped the city in the morning hours created troubles for commuters.
Around 40 flights operating from Indira Gandhi International Airport were either rescheduled or cancelled due to dense fog enveloping the airstrip.
Overnight around 16 flights were delayed. Around five flights were cancelled either due to operational reasons or due to poor weather, an airport official said.
Fog started to descend on the airport from last night but it started to become dense around 7 AM, forcing authorities to implement low visibility procedures.
Dense fog returned to the capital yesterday after a four-day lull, affecting over 130 flights.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world
- Oh fresh! You can't afford to miss these pictures from Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's pooja ceremony
- 7th Pay Commission: New pay scales to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh cr in FY17