Delhi reels under heat wave, mercury hovers near 45 degree C
New Delhi: Delhi sizzled under the heat wave as mercury climbed to 44.6 degree Celsius on Sunday, the highest for the season after yesterday`s 43.2 degrees Celsius.
A Meteorological Department official said that heat wave conditions are prevailing in the national capital and suggested further rise in temperatures in the coming days.
Tomorrow is going to be hotter with maximum and minimum temperatures expected to remain at 45 and 27 deg C respectively, the official said.
The day temperature today was five notches above normal while the minimum temperature at 25.9 degrees Celsius was normal for this part of the season.
Humidity oscillated between 68 per cent and 19 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH