Delhi reels under massive power cuts
New Delhi: Delhi continued to reel under
severe power cuts today in the sweltering heat due to gap
between demand and supply as well as technical glitches in
Areas across east, south, west and north Delhi faced
power cuts up to six hours, resulting in inconvenience to the
A technical snag at a 220 KV sub-station near IP power
station, resulted in disruption to supply in several areas of
south Delhi this afternoon for more than 2 hours.
"It was horrific without power in the afternoon. We sweat
like anything. These power cuts should not be continued for
long. It should be addressed," Shiv Ranjan, a south Delhi
Power demand remained high in humid weather and touched
4622 mega watt, however, it was appreciably less than
yesterday`s an all-time high of 4994mw.
The maximum temperature today was 36.3 deg C, but
humidity was 80 per cent that caused uneasiness with lack of
supply doubling people`s discomfort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister