Delhi reels under massive power cuts
New Delhi: Delhi continued to reel under
severe power cuts today in the sweltering heat due to gap
between demand and supply as well as technical glitches in
Areas across east, south, west and north Delhi faced
power cuts up to six hours, resulting in inconvenience to the
A technical snag at a 220 KV sub-station near IP power
station, resulted in disruption to supply in several areas of
south Delhi this afternoon for more than 2 hours.
"It was horrific without power in the afternoon. We sweat
like anything. These power cuts should not be continued for
long. It should be addressed," Shiv Ranjan, a south Delhi
Power demand remained high in humid weather and touched
4622 mega watt, however, it was appreciably less than
yesterday`s an all-time high of 4994mw.
The maximum temperature today was 36.3 deg C, but
humidity was 80 per cent that caused uneasiness with lack of
supply doubling people`s discomfort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre