Delhi reels under massive power cuts
New Delhi: Delhi continued to reel under
severe power cuts today in the sweltering heat due to gap
between demand and supply as well as technical glitches in
Areas across east, south, west and north Delhi faced
power cuts up to six hours, resulting in inconvenience to the
A technical snag at a 220 KV sub-station near IP power
station, resulted in disruption to supply in several areas of
south Delhi this afternoon for more than 2 hours.
"It was horrific without power in the afternoon. We sweat
like anything. These power cuts should not be continued for
long. It should be addressed," Shiv Ranjan, a south Delhi
Power demand remained high in humid weather and touched
4622 mega watt, however, it was appreciably less than
yesterday`s an all-time high of 4994mw.
The maximum temperature today was 36.3 deg C, but
humidity was 80 per cent that caused uneasiness with lack of
supply doubling people`s discomfort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth