Delhi reels under massive power cuts
New Delhi: Delhi continued to reel under
severe power cuts today in the sweltering heat due to gap
between demand and supply as well as technical glitches in
Areas across east, south, west and north Delhi faced
power cuts up to six hours, resulting in inconvenience to the
A technical snag at a 220 KV sub-station near IP power
station, resulted in disruption to supply in several areas of
south Delhi this afternoon for more than 2 hours.
"It was horrific without power in the afternoon. We sweat
like anything. These power cuts should not be continued for
long. It should be addressed," Shiv Ranjan, a south Delhi
Power demand remained high in humid weather and touched
4622 mega watt, however, it was appreciably less than
yesterday`s an all-time high of 4994mw.
The maximum temperature today was 36.3 deg C, but
humidity was 80 per cent that caused uneasiness with lack of
supply doubling people`s discomfort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security