Delhi reels under massive power cuts
New Delhi: Delhi continued to reel under
severe power cuts today in the sweltering heat due to gap
between demand and supply as well as technical glitches in
Areas across east, south, west and north Delhi faced
power cuts up to six hours, resulting in inconvenience to the
A technical snag at a 220 KV sub-station near IP power
station, resulted in disruption to supply in several areas of
south Delhi this afternoon for more than 2 hours.
"It was horrific without power in the afternoon. We sweat
like anything. These power cuts should not be continued for
long. It should be addressed," Shiv Ranjan, a south Delhi
Power demand remained high in humid weather and touched
4622 mega watt, however, it was appreciably less than
yesterday`s an all-time high of 4994mw.
The maximum temperature today was 36.3 deg C, but
humidity was 80 per cent that caused uneasiness with lack of
supply doubling people`s discomfort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award