Delhi remains under grip of severe heat
New Delhi: The national capital continued to remain in the grip of severe heat despite the mercury coming down slightly from the 45-degree mark on Saturday.
The maximum temperature was registered at 43.5 deg C, which was three degree above normal and 1.5 degrees down from Friday`s 45 deg C.
The minimum temperature stood at at 30.5 deg C, which was four notches above normal and 1 degree above from Friday`s 29.5 deg C.
Although there has been a slight decrease in day temperature from Thursday`s 45.7 deg C which was the highest for the month of May in a decade, MeT officials said this is a temporary respite following a western disturbance affecting Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Temperatures may rise once again towards the last week of May once the western disturbance subsides, they said.
"The impact of western disturbance on the maximum temperature over Delhi and neighbouring areas would be temporary and after a fall of about 1-2 deg C during May 25- 26, the day temperatures may rise again till last week of May," the MeT office had said in statement on May 20.
Humidity level hovered between 46 and 21 per cent.
The MeT office has predicted a clear sky for tomorrow and the maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to remain at 43 and 30 degrees Celsius, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks