Delhi resident killed in accident on UP highway
Ghaziabad: A 45-year-old Delhi resident was crushed by an unidentified vehicle on the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh national highway, police said Tuesday.
Dinesh, who was driving a car, had stopped and got down to see the victims of an accident when an unidentified vehicle coming from behind hit him around midnight, Vijay Nagar police station in-charge Rajesh Dwivedi said.
In another incident, a woman was admitted to a local hospital with severe burn injuries.
Thirty-year-old Parveen was admitted late last night by her husband Shan Mohammed, police said.
A resident of Masoori town, the woman had suffered severe burns under suspicious circumstances and was referred to a hospital in Delhi after initial treatment, they added.
Her husband said the woman was burnt in a fire that started after kerosene accidentally spilled on her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH