Delhi resident killed in accident on UP highway
Ghaziabad: A 45-year-old Delhi resident was crushed by an unidentified vehicle on the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh national highway, police said Tuesday.
Dinesh, who was driving a car, had stopped and got down to see the victims of an accident when an unidentified vehicle coming from behind hit him around midnight, Vijay Nagar police station in-charge Rajesh Dwivedi said.
In another incident, a woman was admitted to a local hospital with severe burn injuries.
Thirty-year-old Parveen was admitted late last night by her husband Shan Mohammed, police said.
A resident of Masoori town, the woman had suffered severe burns under suspicious circumstances and was referred to a hospital in Delhi after initial treatment, they added.
Her husband said the woman was burnt in a fire that started after kerosene accidentally spilled on her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan