Delhi resident killed in accident on UP highway
Ghaziabad: A 45-year-old Delhi resident was crushed by an unidentified vehicle on the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh national highway, police said Tuesday.
Dinesh, who was driving a car, had stopped and got down to see the victims of an accident when an unidentified vehicle coming from behind hit him around midnight, Vijay Nagar police station in-charge Rajesh Dwivedi said.
In another incident, a woman was admitted to a local hospital with severe burn injuries.
Thirty-year-old Parveen was admitted late last night by her husband Shan Mohammed, police said.
A resident of Masoori town, the woman had suffered severe burns under suspicious circumstances and was referred to a hospital in Delhi after initial treatment, they added.
Her husband said the woman was burnt in a fire that started after kerosene accidentally spilled on her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins