Delhi resident killed in accident on UP highway
Ghaziabad: A 45-year-old Delhi resident was crushed by an unidentified vehicle on the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh national highway, police said Tuesday.
Dinesh, who was driving a car, had stopped and got down to see the victims of an accident when an unidentified vehicle coming from behind hit him around midnight, Vijay Nagar police station in-charge Rajesh Dwivedi said.
In another incident, a woman was admitted to a local hospital with severe burn injuries.
Thirty-year-old Parveen was admitted late last night by her husband Shan Mohammed, police said.
A resident of Masoori town, the woman had suffered severe burns under suspicious circumstances and was referred to a hospital in Delhi after initial treatment, they added.
Her husband said the woman was burnt in a fire that started after kerosene accidentally spilled on her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof