Delhi resident killed in accident on UP highway
Ghaziabad: A 45-year-old Delhi resident was crushed by an unidentified vehicle on the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh national highway, police said Tuesday.
Dinesh, who was driving a car, had stopped and got down to see the victims of an accident when an unidentified vehicle coming from behind hit him around midnight, Vijay Nagar police station in-charge Rajesh Dwivedi said.
In another incident, a woman was admitted to a local hospital with severe burn injuries.
Thirty-year-old Parveen was admitted late last night by her husband Shan Mohammed, police said.
A resident of Masoori town, the woman had suffered severe burns under suspicious circumstances and was referred to a hospital in Delhi after initial treatment, they added.
Her husband said the woman was burnt in a fire that started after kerosene accidentally spilled on her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed