Delhi residents protest police inaction on missing girl
New Delhi: Protesting police "inaction" in the case of a missing girl, over a hundred residents blocked roads in east Delhi and also damaged six buses, police said Saturday.
The 12-year-old girl went missing from near her house at Nand Nagari area Friday evening.
According to police, the girl had gone for a tuition class Friday evening but did not return home. After failing to trace her, the parents approached the police.
Claiming police had failed to trace the girl, the girl`s relatives and neighbours came out on the roads in protest and blocked the GTB Road for an hour.
Senior officers who reached on spot managed to placate the angry protestors and dispersed them after assuring them the case would soon be worked out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official