Delhi residents protest police inaction on missing girl
New Delhi: Protesting police "inaction" in the case of a missing girl, over a hundred residents blocked roads in east Delhi and also damaged six buses, police said Saturday.
The 12-year-old girl went missing from near her house at Nand Nagari area Friday evening.
According to police, the girl had gone for a tuition class Friday evening but did not return home. After failing to trace her, the parents approached the police.
Claiming police had failed to trace the girl, the girl`s relatives and neighbours came out on the roads in protest and blocked the GTB Road for an hour.
Senior officers who reached on spot managed to placate the angry protestors and dispersed them after assuring them the case would soon be worked out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery