Delhi residents protest police inaction on missing girl
New Delhi: Protesting police "inaction" in the case of a missing girl, over a hundred residents blocked roads in east Delhi and also damaged six buses, police said Saturday.
The 12-year-old girl went missing from near her house at Nand Nagari area Friday evening.
According to police, the girl had gone for a tuition class Friday evening but did not return home. After failing to trace her, the parents approached the police.
Claiming police had failed to trace the girl, the girl`s relatives and neighbours came out on the roads in protest and blocked the GTB Road for an hour.
Senior officers who reached on spot managed to placate the angry protestors and dispersed them after assuring them the case would soon be worked out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you