Delhi residents protest police inaction on missing girl
New Delhi: Protesting police "inaction" in the case of a missing girl, over a hundred residents blocked roads in east Delhi and also damaged six buses, police said Saturday.
The 12-year-old girl went missing from near her house at Nand Nagari area Friday evening.
According to police, the girl had gone for a tuition class Friday evening but did not return home. After failing to trace her, the parents approached the police.
Claiming police had failed to trace the girl, the girl`s relatives and neighbours came out on the roads in protest and blocked the GTB Road for an hour.
Senior officers who reached on spot managed to placate the angry protestors and dispersed them after assuring them the case would soon be worked out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city