Delhi road rage: Auto driver beaten to death
New Delhi: In yet another shocking incident of road rage in the national capital, an auto driver was beaten to death by two persons after scuffle over a minor road accident.
The incident occurred late on Thursday night in Outer Delhi’s Vijay Vihar area. The deceased Rajesh Kumar’s auto got involved in a minor accident with an Innova car. This enraged the two occupants of the car - as per initial reports there were four people - to such an extent that they pulled out the auto driver from his vehicle and started abusing him.
Things soon went out of control as Kumar was mercilessly beaten, dragged on the road by the accused, who later hit his head with a stone, leading to his death.
One of the two accused, indentified as one Rahul, has been arrested, while his accomplice is absconding. The accused are said to be young boys belonging to upper middle class families.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss