Delhi road to be named in honour of Ustad Haafiz Ali Khan
Bhopal: A new road leading to Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station in New Delhi will be named in honour of legendary sarod exponent Ustad Haafiz Ali Khan, from Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will inaugurate the
`Ustad Haafiz Khan Saheb Marg` in the national capital on
February 16, sources said here today.
It will be the second entry road to Hazrat Nizamuddin
railway station, they said.
Khan`s regal appearance and electrifying charisma made
him one of the most sought after musicians of the 20th
century, which was no mean achievement for an instrumentalist
in an era largely dominated by vocal music.
The art of the late musician, who belonged to an
illustrious line of sarod players of the court of Gwalior,
lives on today in the work of his son and noted Sarod player
Amjad Ali Khan and grandsons - Amaan Ali Khan and Ayaan Ali
Commenting on the development, Sarod maestro Amjad Ali
Khan said, "It is a matter of great pride for all of us."
After the Tansen Marg, this would be the second road in
Delhi to be named after an artiste from the field of music
from Gwalior, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing