Delhi: Robbers` gang busted; 11 held
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Thursday claimed
to have smashed a gang of bus robbers with the arrest of 11
people, including one who has 47 cases against him.
The arrested have been identified as Charanjeet (40),
the gang leader who have 47 cases against him, Suraj Pal (45),
Tinku (28), Bhagwan Das (34), Imtiaz (28), Mahesh Kumar (45),
Rakhi (33), Deen Dayal (41), Ram Chander (45), Vinod (33) and
Three countrymade pistols with four live cartridges
were recovered from them.
The first to be arrested was Charanjeet from Kashmere
Gate yesterday. His arrest led to others from near Nigambodh
"Charanjeet told us that his brother Kamal Jeet and
his associates Satya Parkash, Javed, Sonu and others were
facing trial in several criminal cases in Delhi and UP. They
all are in judicial custody since long.
"They all want to come out of the jail as early as
possible and they all are pressing him to get them bailed out.
In order to help them and to maintain the supremacy of above
gang members he formed a new gang consisting of above
members," S S Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North),
They used to travel in a car near bus stands and
railway stations in early hours for committing picking pockets
and robberies in buses and autorickshaws.
Charanjeet was first arrested in 1993 in robbery case.
"Later he formed his own gang of pickpockets and bus
robbers. His brother Kamal Jeet also joined his gang and both
the brothers started running the gang in an organized way,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!