Delhi: Robbers` gang busted; 11 held
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Thursday claimed
to have smashed a gang of bus robbers with the arrest of 11
people, including one who has 47 cases against him.
The arrested have been identified as Charanjeet (40),
the gang leader who have 47 cases against him, Suraj Pal (45),
Tinku (28), Bhagwan Das (34), Imtiaz (28), Mahesh Kumar (45),
Rakhi (33), Deen Dayal (41), Ram Chander (45), Vinod (33) and
Three countrymade pistols with four live cartridges
were recovered from them.
The first to be arrested was Charanjeet from Kashmere
Gate yesterday. His arrest led to others from near Nigambodh
"Charanjeet told us that his brother Kamal Jeet and
his associates Satya Parkash, Javed, Sonu and others were
facing trial in several criminal cases in Delhi and UP. They
all are in judicial custody since long.
"They all want to come out of the jail as early as
possible and they all are pressing him to get them bailed out.
In order to help them and to maintain the supremacy of above
gang members he formed a new gang consisting of above
members," S S Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North),
They used to travel in a car near bus stands and
railway stations in early hours for committing picking pockets
and robberies in buses and autorickshaws.
Charanjeet was first arrested in 1993 in robbery case.
"Later he formed his own gang of pickpockets and bus
robbers. His brother Kamal Jeet also joined his gang and both
the brothers started running the gang in an organized way,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh