Delhi: Rs 23 lakh stolen from ATM machine
New Delhi: Burglars struck an ATM of a
national bank in an east Delhi locality, decamping with Rs 23
lakh, police said on Thursday.
The ATM of Punjab National Bank in Geeta Colony was found
broken without any cash. The incident came to light this
morning when the security guard found the machine broke open.
He informed his employer and police about the burglary at
the ATM and there was no money left in the machine.
Police said that the ATM was refilled with Rs 28 lakh in
cash on Monday. "Around Rs five lakh was withdrawn from the
ATM before the burglars targeted the ATM on Wednesday night
and fled away with around Rs 23 lakh," a senior police
A guard, who is in-charge of the ATM, has not reported to
duty since March 6 and police are yet to make any headway with
the absence of CCTV camera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report