Delhi: Rs 23 lakh stolen from ATM machine
New Delhi: Burglars struck an ATM of a
national bank in an east Delhi locality, decamping with Rs 23
lakh, police said on Thursday.
The ATM of Punjab National Bank in Geeta Colony was found
broken without any cash. The incident came to light this
morning when the security guard found the machine broke open.
He informed his employer and police about the burglary at
the ATM and there was no money left in the machine.
Police said that the ATM was refilled with Rs 28 lakh in
cash on Monday. "Around Rs five lakh was withdrawn from the
ATM before the burglars targeted the ATM on Wednesday night
and fled away with around Rs 23 lakh," a senior police
A guard, who is in-charge of the ATM, has not reported to
duty since March 6 and police are yet to make any headway with
the absence of CCTV camera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi