Delhi school drops upper age criteria for nursery admission
New Delhi: A city-based private school on Friday told the Delhi High Court that it has deleted a clause from its admission brochure that fixed four years as upper age limit for toddlers` admission in nursery class.
Justice GS Sistani, who was hearing the plea of a toddler`s father against fixation of upper age for nursery admission, later disposed of his application after an official from Sachdeva Public School of Rohini in North West Delhi told the court that the clause has been dropped.
In its brochure, the school had stipulated that children, who have turned three but have not crossed the four-year age limit on March 31, 2013, the cut-off date for receipt of application forms, would be entitled for admission in nursery, the plea, filed through advocate Ashok Agarwal, had said.
The plea had said the clause was not in conformity with a Department of Education notification which fixed 3 years as lower age for admission, but "categorically" barred schools from fixing any "upper age cap."
The school official today told the court that the clause will not be in force now and the administration would accept nursery admission forms of those kids who have crossed four years.
The petition was filed by Pankaj Kumar, a driver, alleging that the school has refused to accept the admission application form his son on the ground that he would be over four years of age on March 31, the cut-off date for receipt of forms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister