Delhi school girls to get self-defence training
New Delhi: Girls in 14 schools in the national capital will soon be trained in self-defence as part of a programme organised jointly by Delhi Police and a power distribution company.
"BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) has partnered Delhi Police Special Unit for Women and Children, Nanakpura, to impart self-defence training to school students (girls) and young women," a statement from BSES said.
The 10-day training programme will begin from schools in east and central Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14