Delhi school girls to get self-defence training
New Delhi: Girls in 14 schools in the national capital will soon be trained in self-defence as part of a programme organised jointly by Delhi Police and a power distribution company.
"BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) has partnered Delhi Police Special Unit for Women and Children, Nanakpura, to impart self-defence training to school students (girls) and young women," a statement from BSES said.
The 10-day training programme will begin from schools in east and central Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened