Delhi schoolgirl rape: Police draw sketch of accused
New Delhi: In what could help them nab the culprit, the Delhi police have managed to prepare a sketch of the accused on the basis of the statement given by the girl who was allegedly raped in a municipal school here on February 27, said a report.
According to a news channel, the victim told the police that she did not see the accused at school regularly.
On Saturday, three people - including the school inspector and principal - were suspended.
"School inspector Balraj Singh, principal Neelam Karwal, class teacher Monica Kohli, school attendant Sushila watchman Kailash have been suspended in the alleged sexual assault case at Mangolpuri Municipal Primary School," BK Gupta, municipal commissioner, North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), said.
The Class 2 student was allegedly raped in the NDMC-run school in Mangolpuri area when she went to collect her midday meal.
She was admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital on Friday afternoon.
"We have constituted a five-member committee and have asked them to suggest measures for strengthening the security and safety of students studying in NDMC primary schools. The committee has been asked to submit its report within three days," Gupta said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, BS Jaiswal, had said: "Around 200 people have been questioned in regard with the sexual assault of the seven-year-old girl."
He did not rule out the involvement of non-teaching staff in the alleged sexual offence.
He said three people, including two teachers and a watchman detained for questioning, are still under detention.
A violent protest occurred outside the school and the hospital on Friday as rumours spread that the girl was in a critical condition.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Delhi HC puts on hold JNU action against Umar, Anirban
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: GL vs SRH – 5 facts you must know ahead of virtual semi-final
- China to send lunar probe 'Chang'e 5' on moon!
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 30. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- Barack Obama arrives at Hiroshima atomic bomb park