Delhi schoolgirl rape: Police draw sketch of accused
New Delhi: In what could help them nab the culprit, the Delhi police have managed to prepare a sketch of the accused on the basis of the statement given by the girl who was allegedly raped in a municipal school here on February 27, said a report.
According to a news channel, the victim told the police that she did not see the accused at school regularly.
On Saturday, three people - including the school inspector and principal - were suspended.
"School inspector Balraj Singh, principal Neelam Karwal, class teacher Monica Kohli, school attendant Sushila watchman Kailash have been suspended in the alleged sexual assault case at Mangolpuri Municipal Primary School," BK Gupta, municipal commissioner, North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), said.
The Class 2 student was allegedly raped in the NDMC-run school in Mangolpuri area when she went to collect her midday meal.
She was admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital on Friday afternoon.
"We have constituted a five-member committee and have asked them to suggest measures for strengthening the security and safety of students studying in NDMC primary schools. The committee has been asked to submit its report within three days," Gupta said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, BS Jaiswal, had said: "Around 200 people have been questioned in regard with the sexual assault of the seven-year-old girl."
He did not rule out the involvement of non-teaching staff in the alleged sexual offence.
He said three people, including two teachers and a watchman detained for questioning, are still under detention.
A violent protest occurred outside the school and the hospital on Friday as rumours spread that the girl was in a critical condition.
(With IANS inputs)
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court declines students' plea, says first phase of NEET will be held on Sunday
- Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Fundamental question is 'who took the bribe', stresses Manohar Parrikar
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25