Delhi: Schools told not to violate admission norms
Nursery admission: Govt asks schools to stick to rules
New Delhi: Delhi Government Wednesday warned that
it would cancel the nursery admission process for any school
that is found violating guidelines by asking details of
educational qualification and financial status of parents.
Education Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely said the
minimum age for children to be admitted in schools after
pre-nursery is four years and that there should be no
confusion on this issue.
As the admission process for nursery classes began
yesterday, Lovely chaired a meeting of top officials of the
department and asked deputy directors of each zone to visit
schools in person to check whether the admission process was
going on the right track.
"Seeking details about the educational qualification
and professional details (financial situation) is violation of
the guidelines. If we get such complaints, we will cancel the
admission process in such schools," he told reporters here.
The Minister was pointed out that some schools are found violating the guidelines by seeking details of educational qualification.
"There is nothing wrong in asking about the
educational qualification in the admission form. But adding it
in the point system is not allowed. We will take action," he
He also said the Government has not received any
complaints from parents of schools violating rules.
"We have an online complaint system wherein parents can
lodge complaints about such things. But we have not got any
such complaints as of now," he said.
On complaints of schools charging more than the
prescribed amount of Rs 25 for applicatio form, he said the
government can take action only when someone complains.
On admission in EWS category, he said if the seats are
not filled in schools by March 31, the government will re-
advertise for such seats.
To a question, Lovely said schools which have mobile
towers installed in their premises should remove them
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees