Delhi seeks time to frame guidelines for discoms
New Delhi: The city government on Friday informed the Delhi High Court that the process of framing the guidelines to determine electricity tariff by bidding process was underway and sought two weeks` time for that.
A division bench of Chief Justice D Murugesan and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw granted the government plea and posted the matter for April 10.
The petition filed by Chand Jain, through advocate Sugriva Dubey, said that the government should issue guidelines to determine electricity tariff by bidding process, due to increased electricity bills.
The petition alleged that power distribution company BSES Yamuna was issuing incorrect bills and people were compelled to deposit the inflated amounts, failing which the electricity supply was being disconnected.
The plea also said the meters installed by the company were running fast and giving unreasonable readings, and the company has started issuing bills "without verifying the defective meters".
It sought court directions to the government and other authorities to "stop the recovery of incorrect bills issued to consumers".
The court earlier issued notice to the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission, BSES Yamuna Power Ltd., and the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission on the plea seeking direction to government and BSES Yamuna to pay compensation for wrong bills issued to consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you