Delhi sees rain, Monday also to be rainy
New Delhi: Delhi saw rains Sunday after witnessing a string of hot and humid days. The Met department has forecast a rainy Monday also in the national capital.
Despite the rain, the maximum temperature remained three notches above average at 37.2 degrees Celsius Sunday.
"Barring a few places, most parts of the capital received rains. Lodi Road area received heavy showers post-noon," said an official of the met department.
The minimum temperature settled at 28.2 degrees Celsius, one notch above average. Humidity wavered between a high and low of 87 and 55 percent.
Earlier Sunday, Delhi woke up to a humid morning.
"Monday is likely to have a cloudy sky and rains," said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
Monday`s maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 35 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him