Delhi sees rainy evening on after hot, humid day
New Delhi: A warm and humid Wednesday in Delhi ended in a spell of sharp shower in the evening, bringing much awaited relief for the national capital. The Met Office has forecast a cloudy Thursday.
A total of 3.6 mm of rain was recorded by India Meteorological Department (IMD) in Delhi Wednesday evening, while showers caught commuters off guard, and also caused some traffic snarls.
The day was warm and humid with the maximum temperature recorded at 41.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above the season`s average.
Thursday could also see some rain, the Met Office said.
"The skies will turn cloudy noon onwards and thunderstorms may occur in many parts of the city," said an IMD official.
The maximum and the minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 42 degrees and 28 degrees Celsius.
Wednesday`s minimum temperature was 29.2 degrees Celsius, a notch above the season`s average. The humidity level during the day was 81 percent.
The maximum temperature Tuesday settled at 43.4 degrees Celsius and the minimum was recorded at 32 degrees Celsius, both four notches above the season`s average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city