Delhi sees rainy evening on after hot, humid day
New Delhi: A warm and humid Wednesday in Delhi ended in a spell of sharp shower in the evening, bringing much awaited relief for the national capital. The Met Office has forecast a cloudy Thursday.
A total of 3.6 mm of rain was recorded by India Meteorological Department (IMD) in Delhi Wednesday evening, while showers caught commuters off guard, and also caused some traffic snarls.
The day was warm and humid with the maximum temperature recorded at 41.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above the season`s average.
Thursday could also see some rain, the Met Office said.
"The skies will turn cloudy noon onwards and thunderstorms may occur in many parts of the city," said an IMD official.
The maximum and the minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 42 degrees and 28 degrees Celsius.
Wednesday`s minimum temperature was 29.2 degrees Celsius, a notch above the season`s average. The humidity level during the day was 81 percent.
The maximum temperature Tuesday settled at 43.4 degrees Celsius and the minimum was recorded at 32 degrees Celsius, both four notches above the season`s average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report