Delhi sets economic growth target
The Delhi government today set an
economic growth target of 11 per cent for the city during the
12th Five Year Plan period and identified various priorities,
including reform in the water sector, for the next five years.
The Centre is likely to set a target in the range of 9 to
9.5 per cent growth rate during the 12th Plan period.
Identifying multiplicity of authorities as the main
bottleneck for implementation of various projects, she said
her government was faced with the challenge of providing
facilities to ever increasing influx of people into Delhi.
She said towns in the NCR must be developed as economic
centres to ease the burden on Delhi, noting that NCR Planning
Board must implement the goals set earlier.
NCR Planning Board, an autonomous body under the ministry
of urban development, was set up to prepare regional plan for
the NCR and to fund important infrastructure development
projects. Besides Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and
Punjab are members of the board.
"The NCR Planning Board and participating states will
have to accelerate the pace of implementation of National
Capital Regional Plan-2021 and the respective sub-regional
plans," she said.
Dikshit has been advocating transforming the satellite
towns of neighbouring states to become a common economic and
taxation zone, a move she feels will cut down the increasing
flow of migrants into the city.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents