Delhi sets economic growth target
The Delhi government today set an
economic growth target of 11 per cent for the city during the
12th Five Year Plan period and identified various priorities,
including reform in the water sector, for the next five years.
The Centre is likely to set a target in the range of 9 to
9.5 per cent growth rate during the 12th Plan period.
Identifying multiplicity of authorities as the main
bottleneck for implementation of various projects, she said
her government was faced with the challenge of providing
facilities to ever increasing influx of people into Delhi.
She said towns in the NCR must be developed as economic
centres to ease the burden on Delhi, noting that NCR Planning
Board must implement the goals set earlier.
NCR Planning Board, an autonomous body under the ministry
of urban development, was set up to prepare regional plan for
the NCR and to fund important infrastructure development
projects. Besides Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and
Punjab are members of the board.
"The NCR Planning Board and participating states will
have to accelerate the pace of implementation of National
Capital Regional Plan-2021 and the respective sub-regional
plans," she said.
Dikshit has been advocating transforming the satellite
towns of neighbouring states to become a common economic and
taxation zone, a move she feels will cut down the increasing
flow of migrants into the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!