Delhi shame: 10-year-old girl raped inside toilet
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In another horrific incident, a 10-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by her 16-year-old neighbour, police said.
The incident took place in RK Puram area of South Delhi.
"The 16-year-old took the girl inside the toilet of her house and inserted a water pipe in her vagina. The minor got scared when the girl started crying and fled," a news website quoted police as saying.
"He has been sent to juvenile home after being produced before the Juvenile Justice Board," a police official said. The girl was immediately rushed to Safdurjung hospital. A minor surgery was performed on her. She is out of danger but in shock.
A case under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act has been registered and probe is underway, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir