Delhi shame: 10-year-old girl raped inside toilet
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In another horrific incident, a 10-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by her 16-year-old neighbour, police said.
The incident took place in RK Puram area of South Delhi.
"The 16-year-old took the girl inside the toilet of her house and inserted a water pipe in her vagina. The minor got scared when the girl started crying and fled," a news website quoted police as saying.
"He has been sent to juvenile home after being produced before the Juvenile Justice Board," a police official said. The girl was immediately rushed to Safdurjung hospital. A minor surgery was performed on her. She is out of danger but in shock.
A case under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act has been registered and probe is underway, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray